2019 Carl A. Scott Memorial Lecture: Dr. Llewellyn J. Cornelius-VIDEO version
From Llewellyn Cornelius on April 15th, 2020
Annotated Video Log in Minutes and Seconds
Introduction- Moderated by Dr. Michael Robinson (Chair Commission for Diversity and Social and Economic Justice (CDSEJ) and Ms. Darla Spence Coffey-President and Chief Executive Officer-Council On Social Work Education (https://www.cswe.org/About-CSWE
· 0:00- -President/CEO Darla Coffey: Welcome, overview, and introduce Dr. Cudore Snell (from Howard University, the sponsor)
· 0:54-Dr. Cudore Snell- Assistant Provost for International Programs- Howard University SNELL: Announces Book Scholarship Winners , thanks CSWE Education Division Staff for their work identifying the winners, recognizes Minority Fellowship Program (MFP) fellows and former MFP Directors. the audience
· 9:34 Cudore Snell- Introduces Dr. Michael Robinson, chair of CDSEJ and Dean Jenny Jones Whitney Young School of Social Work, former chair of CDSEJ- who facilitate the Community Partnership Award activities of the session.
· 17:05 Dr. Michael Robinson introduces the speaker Dr. Llewellyn Cornelius
Lecture: Dr. Llewellyn Cornelius
· 20:28 Intro remarks- related to liberation and empowerment.
· 34:00 Short Journey about Dr. Cornelius’ life and the UGA center for Social Justice Human and Civil Rights collaboration activities.
· 47:40- Main Lecture- Conceptual Issues relating to - restorative Justice: Empowerment, Liberation, agitation, ally ship, advocacy.
· 57:00- Main Lecture- Social Work Scholarship relating to empowerment/social justice, etc.
· 1:13:38 The final task for you: What is your theme song?
· 1:18:00 The final task for you: Liberator role models- we should emulate who we wish to become
· 1:30:35 – Pictures with Dr. Llewellyn Cornelius, Michael Robinson, Dean Jenny Jones and others.